Want to bring your favorite books to life? These super simple, easy prep book companion visuals are perfect for the play-based loving SLP. They include Evidenced based practices and strategies for read alouds with young learners, presented with research based practices that are broken down for you. These are a great addition to your seasonal/thematic therapy!
They also include BONUS visuals for retell, general wh questions, and more.
Watch my YouTube video here for the digital component.
These visual supports include:
1. At least FIVE full-size low prep book companions per topic, for hands on practice for popular seasonal read aloud stories, with evidence based read aloud strategies and supports.
2. THREE TO TEN (depending on season) task box size book companions per topic (that's 20-40 PER SEASON!!), for easy, on the go therapy requiring minimal prep. Task box size companions are one 4x6 page, and fit inside 4x6 photo boxes. All book companions will fit in one box per season to take with you on-the-go. Task box sized book companions can be taped or clipped directly into books in order to always have a visual right at your fingertips.
**Note: All full-sized book companions include a task box sized visual companion. However, not all task boxed sized visual companions include a full-sized companion.
Storage ideas and uses also included for easy prep!
SUMMER BOOKS INCLUDED:
- Old Lady Swallowed a Shell
- Three Fish and a Big Bad Shark
- A House for Hermit Crab
- Way Down Deep in the Deep Blue Sea
- The Pout Pout Fish
- What Pet to Get
- My Pet Wants a Pet
- Pet This Book
- Dr Potts, My Pets Have Spots!
- Dog's Colorful Day
- Dear Zoo
Camping and Forest
- Scare a Bear
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat (Jane Cabrera)
- The Not-So-Great Outdoors
- A Camping Spree with Mr. Magee
- Bear Came Along
- In the Tall Tall Grass
- Bug Dance
- Bugs Bugs Bugs!
- The Very Clumsy Click Beetle
- Ten Little Caterpillars
How do I use this in my therapy room??
I like to have the large hands on / full size book companion with me, and give each student the 4x6 task box size visuals/companion. This way, as I'm asking questions and using read aloud strategies, each student has the visual in front of them as reference. We can use the full-size hands on companions for play based therapy, and using the task box sized visual companions for extra support. Another option is for each student and therapist to each have a task box sized visual companion in front of them for extra support. I also use packaging tape, and tape each 4x6 visual companion into the cover of every accompanying book so that I ALWAYS have a visual with me no matter where I end up (i.e. a broom closet next to my preschool classroom!).