Quick Prep Seasonal Book Companions for Speech Therapy: GROWING BUNDLE
Are you looking for some super simple, easy prep book companions for your little learners? These quick prep book companions are great for the busy SLP. They include Evidenced based practices and strategies for read alouds for young learners, presented with research based practices that are broken down for you. These are a great addition to your seasonal/thematic therapy! They also include BONUS visuals for retell, wh questions, and more.
This item is a GROWING BUNDLE* meaning you buy it at the price listed, and will be able to download any and all updates FOR FREE. You will receive an EMAIL NOTIFICATION when the bundle is updated!
These book companions include two variations:
1. At least FIVE book companions , for for popular seasonal read aloud stories, with evidence based read aloud strategies and supports.
2. THREE TO TEN (depending on season) per topic (that's 20-40 PER SEASON!!), for easy, on the go therapy requiring minimal prep. Task box size companions are one 4x6 page, and fit inside 4x6 photo boxes. All book companions will fit in one box per season to take with you on-the-go. Task box sized book companions can be taped or clipped directly into books in order to always have a visual right at your fingertips.
**Note: All full-sized book companions include a task box sized visual companion. However, .
Storage ideas and uses also included for easy prep!
How do I use this in my therapy room??
I like to have the large hands on / full size book companion with me, and give each student the 4x6 task box size visuals/companion. This way, as I'm asking questions and using read aloud strategies, each student has the visual in front of them as reference. We can use the full-size hands on companions for play based therapy, and using the task box sized visual companions for extra support. Another option is for each student and therapist to each have a task box sized visual companion in front of them for extra support. I also use packaging tape, and tape each 4x6 visual companion into the cover of every accompanying book so that I ALWAYS have a visual with me no matter where I end up (i.e. a broom closet next to my preschool classroom!).
Fall (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Farming, General Fall) Download available before Fall 2020
Winter (Christmas, General Winter including Gingerbread & Snowmen, Valentine's Day, St Patrick's Day)
Spring (Weather, Flowers/Plants/Gardens, Easter/Bunnies, Food) Complete Download available 5/2020
Summer (Camping, Beach, Insects, Ocean) Complete Download available 7/2020
*This item is a GROWING BUNDLE* meaning you buy it at the price listed, and will be able to download any and all updates FOR FREE. You will receive an EMAIL NOTIFICATION when the bundle is updated!
- Old Lady Swallowed A Bell
- Bear Stays Up for Christmas
- Little Blue Truck’s Christmas
- If You Take a Mouse to the Movies
- Turkey Claus
- The Polar Express
- Gingerbread Baby
- Snowmen at Christmas
- Who Will Guide My Sleigh Tonight?
- The Littlest Elf
- Cold Lady..Swallowed Some Snow
- The Mitten
- The Jacket I Wear in the Snow
- Ten on the Sled
- Sneezy the Snowman
- Bear Snores On
- Snowmen at Night
- A Cozy Goodnight
- Bear Can’t Sleep
- A Loud Winter’s Nap
- The Snowy Nap
- Old Lady Swallowed a Rose
- The Night Before Valentine’s Day
- The Kissing Hand
- Hug Machine
- The Perfect Hug
- The Biggest Kiss
St. Patrick's Day:
- Old Lady Swallowed a Clover
- The Night Before St. Pat’s Day
- Lucky Tucker
- Good Luck Bear
- Ten Lucky Leprechauns
- Good Luck Bear
- How to Catch a Leprechaun
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Chick
- The Night Before Easter
- Happy Easter, Mouse!
- It’s Not Easy Being a Bunny
- Going on an Egg Hunt
- Turkey’s Eggcelent Easter
- Old Lady Swallowed a Frog
- Little Blue Truck’s Springtime
- Bear Wants More
- Too Many Carrots
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- The Grouchy Ladybug
- We’re Going on a Nature Hunt
- Grow Flower Grow
- Flower Garden
- Lola Wants to Plant a Garden
- Little Cloud
- The Rain Came Down
Do you own my thematic therapy units? All of the book companions included in those seasonal units are also in this growing bundle, however there are in this resource that are NOT included in my thematic units. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We Also Recommend
BOOM CARDS™ for Language: Sentence Strips
Digital Virtual Speech Schedule: Visuals for Schedule & Behaviors