Real-life pictures for your Minimal Pair targets for meaningful speech therapy! Prep these minimal pair cards once... and use FOREVER (or simply open them on your tablet!). Great for all your fronting phonology goals!
Minimal pairs is a research based method for teaching students to discriminate sounds receptively and expressively. The use of minimal pairs helps the student understand how, by changing sounds, this will result in changes in word meaning that impacts communication.
⭐️What is a minimal pair?
Pairs of words that differ by one phoneme (e.g. his – hit, fan – pan) which alters the meaning of the word. This is referred to as a “minimal pair” (Barlow & Gierut, 2002).
⭐️How do I store these minimal pair cards?
Laminate and cut your cards. Grab these rainbow task boxes to store them in and take along with you. I like to use one task box for each different stopping pair! Labels and word lists included for EASY organization.
Be sure to check out the bundle for a closer look at everything included in these Real-Life Minimal Pair Cards for phonology!
Here's what's included in your download:
- Over 50 minimal pair cards for the phonological process of fronting
- 4-9 PAIR of cards covering the various sounds in the phonological process of final consonant deletion (see below for complete list)
- Over 30 creative low prep activity ideas & suggestions for using your minimal pair cards during your speech sessions
- Task box, binder, & flashcard covers for easy storage and organization
- Storage options for task boxes, binder, zip folder, or digital
- Visual supports and sound cues
- Step-by-step implementation for two different EBP minimal pairs approaches with research included
- A digital, clickable file to use this product completely digitally for virtual learning or as a no prep, pull up on your tablet and go option!
- Data collection sheets
Fronting Minimal Pairs Included:
Download the bundle preview for a closer look at everything included in these Real-Life Minimal Pair Cards for phonology!
These real-life minimal pair cards for fronting are perfect for you if…
- you’re providing in-person therapy and/or pull-out therapy
- you’re in need of a portable solution for your minimal pair cards (because the size and format of these make it especially perfect for traveling!)
- your students are engaged by the use of real-life pictures instead of miscellaneous clipart drawings
- you have a variety of phonology goals on your caseload
- you work remotely (easily screen share cards with a clickable pdf)
TIP: Print in Adobe (free), and NOT from your internet browser, for best printing quality.